Online to converter
Uploading your file...
Your file was successfully converted from Word to HTML5
This free online converter is powered by BuildVu. BuildVu is commercial software that allows developers to integrate Word to HTML5 conversion in their own software.Learn more about BuildVu
Unfortunately the online converter is currently unavailable, please come back and try again later. Thank you.
File Too Large
The file you have selected is too large. We only accept files under 100MB, please try a new file.
An error occurred. Please try again
How to convert Word to HTML5
- Select the Word file you would like to convert
- Configure the conversion using the advanced options
- Convert your Word file to HTML5
- View or save your newly created HTML5 file
- For bulk in-house conversion, try BuildVu
The only online Word to HTML5 converter powered by BuildVu.
Unlike other PDF converters that simply bolt together a collection of low-quality free libraries, BuildVu is a purpose-built PDF to HTML5 converter designed for commercial use which offers higher quality conversion, lower file sizes and more configuration options. Find out what makes BuildVu different from other solutions.
Smallest File Size
Intelligent output that is optimised to create smaller, faster loading HTML5 files.
Complex or poor quality PDF documents are converted into accurate, high quality HTML5.
Embedded fonts are totally rebuilt so that converted documents contain real, searchable text.
Converted content is standalone with no dependencies on any external libraries or components.
Text can be searched and picked up by SEO if desirable. Or it can be made copy-protected.
Ideal HTML5 PDF Viewer
Microsoft Word is a very popular file format for general document usage. For viewing a Word presentation in a SaaS application or browser, HTML5 is often a much better choice because the it is faster and the user does not need any other software or to leave the application.
The Online Word to HTML5 converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft Word documents into HTML5 content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an Open Source office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft Word documents to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML5. This two step approach generates much higher quality HTML5 files than the direct HTML output from LibreOffice.
BuildVu is designed for customers who need to change lots of Microsoft Word documents into HTML5 to display in the browser
BuildVu is coded in Java but can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service or directly. It will run from both cloud and physical servers.
BuildVu includes lots of additional options, including the ability to process lots of documents, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.