Use PDF Forms in the Web Browser
FormVu is an SDK for converting PDF Form files into standalone HTML with interactive form components.
Display in a Browser
Users can continue to use Forms in a web browser. Converted PDF forms retain their appearance and interaction. Data can be saved to the original file.
Integrate into Web Apps
PDF forms can be easily and securely integrated into a Web application workflow while retaining all their interaction and functionality.
Keep data safe
Forms are converted and hosted on your Computers. FormVu is not a cloud service and makes no calls outside. So customer data is always safe.
I approached the FormVu team and they spent time understanding our requirements and then modified their product to work with our platform. They were very responsive and easy to work with and produced exactly what we needed to support our need to convert over 1000 pdfs into browser friendly HTML.
- CTO of a leading Cloud-based EHR Company
How to get started?
FormVu offers various ways to run the software, here are some (but not all) of the common methods you can use to try it out:
Example PDF Forms converted into HTML
All of these examples have been converted with FormVu
AcroForm Example Conversions
XFA Example Conversions
How it works
1. FormVu reads in and parses the PDF Form file
FormVu reads the Form file and processes all the information available. Including all various details such as the forms contained, which pages they appear on, what each page contains.
2. All static PDF content is processed and output
As PDFs contain static content in its pages, such as images and text, in order to display the file correctly, FormVu converts the static content into something useable by the HTML output.
3. FormVu outputs as HTML
FormVu converts the form functionality into the closest HTML representation available. Resulting in an interactive HTML page with the same appearance & functionality of the provided file.
4. Use your converted HTML output
Once converted, you have the HTML output to use as you wish. Throw it up onto a web server to display the content, and make use of HTML form submissions, saving back as a PDF, or integrate it into your web application.
Convert all Forms
Save back into PDF or POST the form data
Once a form has been filled out in HTML, you have options on how it should be processed. You can save the new entries as a PDF again, allowing you to document your answers. Or you can POST the data as HTML form data or as JSON.
Keep Client Data Secure
Convert documents on your own servers so that sensitive customer data stays safely within your firewall. FormVu does not use metrics tracking and even works without a network connection.
Save Developer Time
It took us more than 20 years to build a PDF converter this good. Why waste developer resources fixing aging open source tools when you can work on the things that matter to your business instead?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the conversion work?
- You can run FormVu from the command line or call it programmatically from any language. Simply specify the PDF file you wish to convert and FormVu will generate the HTML
- Is there support?
- Yes! Our team of engineers are eager to resolve any issues you encounter. Our development and support is all done in-house from our offices in the UK.
- Is there a free trial?
- Yes, you can try FormVu for free.
- How does licensing work?
- FormVu can be licensed under a simple flat yearly fee. There is no need to track usage, and converted documents will continue to work even if you choose not to renew your license.
- How often is FormVu updated?
- There is a new release every 6 weeks in addition to the daily prerelease builds.
- Does it convert all PDF files?
- FormVu only converts interactive form files. If you are looking for a static PDF conversion BuildVu is a closer fit to your needs.