Document conversion for developers
Looking for a Word conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built Word to SVG converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Display PDF in Web Apps
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as SVG.
Parse PDF files as HTML
Now you can easily interact with PDF files as if they are HTML - because they are! This makes it simple to parse and reuse the content programmatically.
BuildVu works with
BuildVu integrates with LibreOffice to convert Word to SVG in your own software.
Microsoft Word is the number one file format used for presentation documents. SVG offers a really attractive option for just viewing the contents of an Microsoft Word presentation in a SaaS application or browser. SVG is a very powerful XML-based file format supported by HTML5. SVG works in all modern browsers without any external software and faithfully displays the content from the original document.
The Online Word to SVG converter is a free online service which converts a single Microsoft Word documents into optimised SVG content. It makes use of LibreOffice to convert Microsoft Word to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to clean and compact SVG.
BuildVu is written in Java and can be accessed from all software languages as a simple micro-service. It runs on any cloud or physical Computer.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including automation, simple integration with the latest versions of LibreOffice to handle Microsoft Word Documents, and much more control over the conversion process.
|Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.
|SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics image format and is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 50MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.