Online to converter
Uploading your file...
Your file was successfully converted from Word to SVG
This free online converter is powered by BuildVu. BuildVu is commercial software that allows developers to integrate Word to SVG conversion in their own software.Learn more about BuildVu
Unfortunately the online converter is currently unavailable, please come back and try again later. Thank you.
File Too Large
The file you have selected is too large. We only accept files under 100MB, please try a new file.
An error occurred. Please try again
How to convert Word to SVG
- Select the Word file you would like to convert
- Configure the conversion using the advanced options
- Convert your Word file to SVG
- View or save your newly created SVG file
- For bulk in-house conversion, try BuildVu
The only online Word to SVG converter powered by BuildVu.
Unlike other PDF converters that simply bolt together a collection of low-quality free libraries, BuildVu is a purpose-built PDF to SVG converter designed for commercial use which offers higher quality conversion, lower file sizes and more configuration options. Find out what makes BuildVu different from other solutions.
Smallest File Size
Intelligent output that is optimised to create smaller, faster loading SVG files.
Complex or poor quality PDF documents are converted into accurate, high quality SVG.
Embedded fonts are totally rebuilt so that converted documents contain real, searchable text.
Converted content is standalone with no dependencies on any external libraries or components.
Text can be searched and picked up by SEO if desirable. Or it can be made copy-protected.
Ideal SVG PDF Viewer
Microsoft Word is the number one file format used for presentation documents. SVG offers a really attractive option for just viewing the contents of an Microsoft Word presentation in a SaaS application or browser. SVG is a very powerful XML-based file format supported by HTML5. SVG works in all modern browsers without any external software and faithfully displays the content from the original document.
The Online Word to SVG converter is a free online service which converts a single Microsoft Word documents into optimised SVG content. It makes use of LibreOffice to convert Microsoft Word to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to clean and compact SVG.
BuildVu is written in Java and can be accessed from all software languages as a simple micro-service. It runs on any cloud or physical Computer.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including automation, simple integration with the latest versions of LibreOffice to handle Microsoft Word Documents, and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics image format and is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.