Online to converter
Uploading your file...
Your file was successfully converted from Excel to HTML5
This free online converter is powered by BuildVu. BuildVu is commercial software that allows developers to integrate Excel to HTML5 conversion in their own software.Learn more about BuildVu
Unfortunately the online converter is currently unavailable, please come back and try again later. Thank you.
File Too Large
The file you have selected is too large. We only accept files under 100MB, please try a new file.
An error occurred. Please try again
How to convert Excel to HTML5
- Select the Excel file you would like to convert
- Choose your preferred output option
- Convert your Excel file to HTML5
- View or save your newly created HTML5 file
- For bulk in-house conversion, try BuildVu
The only online Excel to HTML converter powered by BuildVu.
Unlike other PDF converters that simply bolt together a collection of low-quality free libraries, BuildVu is a purpose-built PDF to HTML5 converter designed for commercial use which offers higher quality conversion, lower file sizes and more configuration options. Find out what makes BuildVu different from other solutions.
Smallest File Size
Intelligent output that is optimised to create smaller, faster loading HTML5 files.
Complex or poor quality PDF documents are converted into accurate, high quality HTML5.
Embedded fonts are totally rebuilt so that converted documents contain real, searchable text.
Converted content is standalone with no dependencies on any external libraries or components.
Text can be searched and picked up by SEO if desirable. Or it can be made copy-protected.
Ideal HTML5 PDF Viewer
Excel is a very common file format for spreadsheets. For just displaying a spreadsheet in a SaaS application or browser, is a much better option because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online Excel to converter is a free online service to convert single Excel spreadsheets into standalone content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an excellent, free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Excel to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to . This produces much better files than outputting directly from LibreOffice as .
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Excel spreadsheets to automatically as part of their workflow.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of spreadsheets, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Excel is a document format also known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.