Document conversion for developers
Looking for a Excel conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built Excel to HTML5 converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Display PDF in Web Apps
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as HTML5.
Parse PDF files as HTML
Now you can easily interact with PDF files as if they are HTML - because they are! This makes it simple to parse and reuse the content programmatically.
BuildVu works with
BuildVu integrates with LibreOffice to convert Excel to HTML5 in your own software.
Excel is a very common file format for spreadsheets. For just displaying a spreadsheet in a SaaS application or browser, is a much better option because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online Excel to converter is a free online service to convert single Excel spreadsheets into standalone content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an excellent, free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Excel to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to . This produces much better files than outputting directly from LibreOffice as .
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Excel spreadsheets to automatically as part of their workflow.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of spreadsheets, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Excel is a document format also known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.
|HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 50MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.