Document conversion for developers
Looking for a PowerPoint conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built PowerPoint to HTML5 converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Bulk file conversion
BuildVu lets you automate file conversion in bulk on your own cloud or on-premise servers, safely behind your firewall for maximum security.
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as HTML5.
Integrate with code
BuildVu provides clean HTML5 that is easy to handle. Document metadata, annotations and other content are converted to JSON.
BuildVu works with
BuildVu integrates with LibreOffice to convert PowerPoint to HTML5 in your own software.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a very popular document format for creating presentations. For viewing a PowerPoint presentation in a SaaS application or browser, HTML5 is a much better choice because the user does not need any other software or to leave the application.
The Online PowerPoint to HTML5 converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into HTML5 content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an Open Source office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft PowerPoint documents to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML5. This approach generates much better HTML5 files than the direct HTML output from LibreOffice.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert lots of Microsoft PowerPoint documents into HTML5 to display in the browser
BuildVu is coded in Java but can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service or directly. It runs on both cloud and physical servers.
BuildVu includes lots of additional features, including the ability to process lots of documents, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||PowerPoint is a presentation document format which can contain text, images, charts, diagrams etc. Microsoft PowerPoint files use a .ppt, .pptx or .pps filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odp, .fodp, .odg, .fodg and .sti are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.