Online to converter
Uploading your file...
Your file was successfully converted from Word to HTML
This free online converter is powered by BuildVu. BuildVu is commercial software that allows developers to integrate Word to HTML conversion in their own software.Learn more about BuildVu
Unfortunately the online converter is currently unavailable, please come back and try again later. Thank you.
File Too Large
The file you have selected is too large. We only accept files under 10MB, please try a new file.
An error occurred. Please try again
How to convert Word to HTML
- Select the Word file you would like to convert
- Choose your preferred output option
- Convert your Word file to HTML
- View or save your newly created HTML file
- For bulk in-house conversion, try BuildVu
This free online converter is exclusively powered by BuildVu.
Unlike other converters that simply bolt together a collection of free libraries, BuildVu is a high quality PDF to HTML converter built specially for business use (find out what makes BuildVu different from other solutions). Carefully crafted by the IDRsolutions development team, BuildVu offers the following advantages:
Smallest File Size
Intelligent output that is optimised to create smaller, faster loading files.
Complex or poor quality PDF documents are converted into accurate, high quality HTML.
Embedded fonts are totally rebuilt so that converted documents contain real, searchable text.
Microsoft Word is a very common file format for documents. For just showing Word documents in a SaaS application or browser, HTML is a much simpler choice because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online Word to HTML converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft Word documents into standalone HTML content. It makes use of LibreOffice (the free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft Word to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML. This produces much better HTML files than outputting directly from LibreOffice to an HTML file.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Microsoft Word documents to HTML automatically as part of their usage.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple standalone function or accessed via a micro-service. It runs on both customer cloud or on-premise servers
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of documents, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the core language of the internet and is used to design and build web sites. Converting documents to HTML allows the document to be displayed in the web browser, allowing you to view the document on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.