Document conversion for developers
Looking for a Word conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built Word to HTML converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Display PDF in Web Apps
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as HTML.
Parse PDF files as HTML
Now you can easily interact with PDF files as if they are HTML - because they are! This makes it simple to parse and reuse the content programmatically.
BuildVu works with
BuildVu integrates with LibreOffice to convert Word to HTML in your own software.
Microsoft Word is a very common file format for documents. For just showing Word documents in a SaaS application or browser, HTML is a much simpler choice because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online Word to HTML converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft Word documents into standalone HTML content. It makes use of LibreOffice (the free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft Word to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML. This produces much better HTML files than outputting directly from LibreOffice to an HTML file.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Microsoft Word documents to HTML automatically as part of their usage.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple standalone function or accessed via a micro-service. It runs on both customer cloud or on-premise servers
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of documents, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the core language of the internet and is used to design and build web sites. Converting documents to HTML allows the document to be displayed in the web browser, allowing you to view the document on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 50MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.