Document conversion for developers
Looking for a PDF conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built PDF to HTML5 converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Display PDF in Web Apps
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as HTML5.
Parse PDF files as HTML
Now you can easily interact with PDF files as if they are HTML - because they are! This makes it simple to parse and reuse the content programmatically.
BuildVu works with
PDF is the world's leading file format for documents. It is very powerful, but very complex. For simply displaying a PDF file in a SaaS application or browser, HTML5 is a much better option because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online PDF to HTML5 converter is a free online service to convert single PDF files into clean HTML5 content. It uses BuildVu for conversion of PDF documents to HTML5. BuildVu is for commercial customers who want to convert many PDF documents to HTML5 automatically as part of their workflow.
BuildVu is written in Java and can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of PDF documents, simple integration with LibreOffice to handle Office files, and much more control over the conversion process.
|PDF (Portable Document Format) is a document format which can include links and buttons, form fields, audio, video, and business logic. PDF files are very popular because they are portable across different systems but they are not ideal for showing content online and on mobile devices.
|HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 50MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.