Document conversion for developers
Looking for a PowerPoint conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built PowerPoint to HTML converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Bulk file conversion
BuildVu lets you automate file conversion in bulk on your own cloud or on-premise servers, safely behind your firewall for maximum security.
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as HTML.
Integrate with code
BuildVu provides clean HTML that is easy to handle. Document metadata, annotations and other content are converted to JSON.
BuildVu works with
BuildVu integrates with LibreOffice to convert PowerPoint to HTML in your own software.
Microsoft Powerpoint is a very common file format for presentations. For just displaying PowerPoint presentations in a SaaS application or browser, HTML is a much better option because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online PowerPoint to HTML converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into standalone HTML content. It makes use of LibreOffice (the free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft PowerPoint to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML. This produces much better HTML files than outputting directly from LibreOffice to an HTML file.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to HTML automatically as part of their usage.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on customer cloud or on-premise servers
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of presentations, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||PowerPoint is a presentation document format which can contain text, images, charts, diagrams etc. Microsoft PowerPoint files use a .ppt, .pptx or .pps filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odp, .fodp, .odg, .fodg and .sti are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the core language of the internet and is used to design and build web sites. Converting documents to HTML allows the document to be displayed in the web browser, allowing you to view the document on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.