Excel is a very common file format for spreadsheets. For just displaying a spreadsheet in a SaaS application or browser, HTML is a much better option because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online Excel to HTML converter is a free online service to convert single Excel spreadsheets into standalone HTML content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an excellent, free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Excel to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML. This produces much better HTML files than outputting directly from LibreOffice as HTML.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Excel spreadsheets to HTML automatically as part of their workflow.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of spreadsheets, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Excel is a document format also known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the core language of the internet and is used to design and build web sites. Converting documents to HTML allows the document to be displayed in the web browser, allowing you to view the document on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do the files stay on our servers for?
- Your conversion will be live on our server for up to 1 hour, if you wish to use the file please download and host on your own servers.