Document conversion for developers
Looking for a Excel conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built Excel to SVG converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Bulk file conversion
BuildVu lets you automate file conversion in bulk on your own cloud or on-premise servers, safely behind your firewall for maximum security.
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as SVG.
Integrate with code
BuildVu provides clean SVG that is easy to handle. Document metadata, annotations and other content are converted to JSON.
BuildVu works with
BuildVu integrates with LibreOffice to convert Excel to SVG in your own software.
Excel is the number one file format used for Spreadsheets and financial documents. But it is very complex and only Microsoft Office is able to display very complex files. SVG is a much better option for just viewing the contents of an Excel spreadsheet in a SaaS application or browser. SVG is a very powerful XML-based file format supported by HTML5. SVG works in all browsers without any external software and accurately displays the content from the original spreadsheet.
The Online Excel to SVG converter is a free online service which converts a single Excel spreadsheet into optimised SVG content. It uses the LibreOffice software application to convert Excel to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to optimised SVG.
BuildVu is written in Java and can be accessed from all Computer languages as a simple micro-service. It runs on customer cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including automation, simple integration with the latest versions of LibreOffice to handle Excel spreadsheets, and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Excel is a document format also known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics image format and is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.