Online to converter
Uploading your file...
Your file was successfully converted from Excel to SVG
This free online converter is powered by BuildVu. BuildVu is commercial software that allows developers to integrate Excel to SVG conversion in their own software.Learn more about BuildVu
Unfortunately the online converter is currently unavailable, please come back and try again later. Thank you.
File Too Large
The file you have selected is too large. We only accept files under 10MB, please try a new file.
An error occurred. Please try again
How to convert Excel to SVG
- Select the Excel file you would like to convert
- Choose your preferred output option
- Convert your Excel file to SVG
- View or save your newly created SVG file
- For bulk in-house conversion, try BuildVu
This free online converter is exclusively powered by BuildVu.
Unlike other converters that simply bolt together a collection of free libraries, BuildVu is a high quality PDF to SVG converter built specially for business use (download whitepaper). Carefully crafted by the IDRsolutions development team, BuildVu offers the following advantages:
Smallest File Size
Intelligent output that is optimised to create smaller, faster loading files.
Complex or poor quality PDF documents are converted into accurate, high quality SVG.
Embedded fonts are totally rebuilt so that converted documents contain real, searchable text.
Excel is the number one file format used for Spreadsheets and financial documents. But it is very complex and only Microsoft Office is able to display very complex files. SVG is a much better option for just viewing the contents of an Excel spreadsheet in a SaaS application or browser. SVG is a very powerful XML-based file format supported by HTML5. SVG works in all browsers without any external software and accurately displays the content from the original spreadsheet.
The Online Excel to SVG converter is a free online service which converts a single Excel spreadsheet into optimised SVG content. It uses the LibreOffice software application to convert Excel to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to optimised SVG.
BuildVu is written in Java and can be accessed from all Computer languages as a simple micro-service. It runs on customer cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including automation, simple integration with the latest versions of LibreOffice to handle Excel spreadsheets, and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Excel is a document format also known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics image format and is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.