BMP is a very popular file format in the Computer industry and a simple way to display Microsoft Word documents. For many simple viewing use cases, a BMP image of a page gives a much simpler alternative which does not require any additional software for the user.
The Online Word to BMP converter provides a free online service to convert individual Word files into optimised BMP images of the pages. LibreOffice is used to convert Word files into PDF which JPedal turns into super-optimised BMP image files.
JPedal is used by customers who want to convert many PDF files into BMP images from their own applications and code. It integrates with LibreOffice to also support Word files. Document to image conversion is the most popular problem JPedal is used to solve, running on customer cloud or physical servers.
JPedal includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including simple integration with LibreOffice to support Office files as well, automation and complete control over the conversion process and output.
|Description||Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||BMP is a bitmap image file format created by Microsoft. BMP is a lossless image format with each pixel stored individually in full color. BMP is useful for storing high quality photos and computer graphics, however it typically has larger file sizes than other image types.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do the files stay on our servers for?
- Your conversion will be live on our server for up to 1 hour, if you wish to use the file please download and host on your own servers.