PDF files are a portable file format document which can include links and buttons, form fields, audio, video, and business logic. PDF files are very popular because they are portable across different systems but they are not ideal for showing content online and on mobile devices.
Word documents can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.
Excel documents can also be known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.
PowerPoint presentations can contain text, images, charts, diagrams etc. Microsoft PowerPoint files use a .ppt, .pptx or .pps filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odp, .fodp, .odg, .fodg and .sti are also supported by the online converter.
HTML5 is the latest version of the markup language that is used to create web pages. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML can be used across different browsers making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.
HTML is the core language of the internet and is used to design and build web sites. Converting documents to HTML allows the document to be displayed in the web browser, allowing you to view the document on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.
SVG is a scalable vector graphic. It is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.
Image formats such as .jpg, .png and .tiff are a simple way to store graphical information. Converting documents to images is a common way to create thumbnails or cover pages of documents. Images are easy to share and supported almost everywhere.
This free online converter is powered by BuildVu. Used by enterprise clients worldwide, BuildVu helps organisations to display documents online and on mobile by converting them to HTML5. Available to license to run on your own servers, your files do not need to leave the building! Learn More
BuildVu is highly configurable, easy to integrate and offers a wide range of features not available for the free online converter. With the IDRViewer, you can quickly build your own or customize a ready made, fully featured document viewer and create a consistent experience across platforms. Learn More
FAQ for our online converter
Take a look below at some of our frequently asked questions.
- Is the online converter free to use?
- A: Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- A: No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- A: Yes, we allow you to convert 10 files per week. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- How much is a BuildVu Licence?
- A: Our sales team will be able to advise you on how much a license will cost based on your use case. Please feel free to contact them here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- A: Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- A: Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do the files stay on our servers for?
- A: Your conversion will be live on our server for up to 48 hours, if you wish to use the file please download and host on your own servers.
- How much is a JPedal Licence?
- A: All of our JPedal Pricing can be found at the bottom of the JPedal page here. If you're still not sure please feel free to contact our sales team here.
- I have reached the maximum number of conversions, now what?
- A: Please contact our sales team here and they will be able to advise you on what type of licence suits your use case.