Document conversion for developers
Looking for a PDF conversion SDK that you can interact with programmatically? BuildVu is a purpose-built PDF to SVG converter for developers which offers high quality conversion, low file sizes and lots of configurability.
Bulk file conversion
BuildVu lets you automate file conversion in bulk on your own cloud or on-premise servers, safely behind your firewall for maximum security.
BuildVu is strictly for developers. Add document viewing functionality to your web application or create a solution that can parse PDF files as SVG.
Integrate with code
BuildVu provides clean SVG that is easy to handle. Document metadata, annotations and other content are converted to JSON.
BuildVu works with
PDF is the world's most commonly used file format for files. SVG is a much better option for just displaying the contents of a PDF file in a SaaS application or browser. SVG is a powerful XML-based markup supported by HTML5. SVG can be displayed in all browsers and is able to display even complex PDF content as in the original PDF document.
The Online PDF to SVG converter is a free online service to convert single PDF files into optimised SVG content. It uses BuildVu to convert PDF to SVG. BuildVu is for commercial customers who want to convert many PDF to SVG automatically in their systems.
BuildVu is written in Java and can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of PDF documents, simple integration with LibreOffice to handle Office files, and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||PDF (Portable Document Format) is a document format which can include links and buttons, form fields, audio, video, and business logic. PDF files are very popular because they are portable across different systems but they are not ideal for showing content online and on mobile devices.|
|Description||SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector graphics image format and is part of the HTML5 specification. It can contain text, images and vector content. SVG works in all modern browsers, making it ideal for providing a consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience across devices.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 100MB file size limit.
- External hyperlinks do not work?
- The free online converter does not support hyperlinks to prevent phishing. Hyperlinks are supported in the commercial version of BuildVu, however.
- Can I use my converted file on my website?
- You can use it for any legitimate commercial or personal use so long as you do not remove the watermark linking to our converter.
- How long do my files stay on your server for?
- Your files will be stored on our server for up to 1 hour. If you wish to use your converted document, please download and host it on your own servers.