OpenViewerFX is an innovative JavaFX based PDF Viewer which provides a complete cross-platform PDF Reader under the friendly LGPL Open Source license. If you need support or additional features, then API compatibility with IDRsolutions commercial PDF library provides an easy upgrade path.
- LGPL license – source code available
- Easy Upgrade path to enhanced, supported commercial version
- Full Page navigation, scaling and rotation
- Integrated Text search
- Support for Outlines, bookmarks and Thumbnail display
- Totally Customisable via simple XML configuration file
- API to provide full control from Java (as in Commercial Version)
- Single Jar for all Platforms
- Lots of tutorials and monthly new release
What is JavaFX?
JavaFX is the latest GUI toolkit for Java. It will allows users to develop more sophisticated UI applications (either totally in JavaFX or with Swing). We anticipate that Java developers will use JavaFX for new projects and integrate with Swing for existing applications.
The advantages of using JavaFX are:
- Simpler than Swing.
- Allow feature rich applications.
- Run on platforms which do not support Swing.