Whether you are just looking for a PDF Viewer/Reader for your RaspberryPi or a freely usable component to embed in your Java applications, OpenViewerFX an innovative JavaFX PDF Viewer/Reader combines the power of JavaFX with IDRsolutions industry leading PDF library to deliver a complete cross-platform PDF Viewer/Reader under the friendly LGPL Open Source license. And if you need support or additional features, API compatibility with IDRsolutions commercial PDF library provides an easy upgrade path.
JavaFX PDF Viewer/Reader – Key Features:
- LGPL license – source code available
- Easy Upgrade path to enhanced, supported commercial version
- Full Page navigation, scaling and rotation
- Integrated Text search
- Support for Outlines, bookmarks and Thumbnail display
- Totally Customisable via simple XML configuration file
- API to provide full control from Java (as in Commercial Version)
- Single Jar for all Platforms
- Lots of tutorials and monthly new release
What is JavaFX?
JavaFX is the latest GUI toolkit for Java. It will allows users to develop more sophisticated UI applications (either totally in JavaFX or with Swing). We anticipate that Java developers will use JavaFX for new projects and integrate with Swing for existing applications. The advantages of using JavaFX are:
- Simpler than Swing.
- Allow feature rich applications.
- Run on platforms which do not support Swing.
- Active development and support from Oracle.
Videos of OpenViewerFX
A short video showcasing the Open Source JavaFX PDF Viewer/Reader in action with a Q & A session and How to Install OpenviewerFX as a NetBeans plugin on the NetBeans IDE.
OpenViewerFX in action & Q & A
How to Install OpenviewerFX as a NetBeans plugin on the NetBeans IDE