Microsoft Word is a very popular file format for general document usage. For viewing a Word presentation in a SaaS application or browser, HTML5 is often a much better choice because the it is faster and the user does not need any other software or to leave the application.
The Online Word to HTML5 converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft Word documents into HTML5 content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an Open Source office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft Word documents to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML5. This two step approach generates much higher quality HTML5 files than the direct HTML output from LibreOffice.
BuildVu is designed for customers who need to change lots of Microsoft Word documents into HTML5 to display in the browser
BuildVu is coded in Java but can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service or directly. It will run from both cloud and physical servers.
BuildVu includes lots of additional options, including the ability to process lots of documents, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Word is a document format which can contain text, data, charts, images, tables and more. Microsoft Word files use a .doc or .docx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odt, .fodt and .sxw are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do the files stay on our servers for?
- Your conversion will be live on our server for up to 1 hour, if you wish to use the file please download and host on your own servers.