Microsoft Powerpoint is a very common file format for presentations. For just displaying PowerPoint presentations in a SaaS application or browser, HTML is a much better option because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online PowerPoint to HTML converter is a free online service to convert single Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into standalone HTML content. It makes use of LibreOffice (the free office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Microsoft PowerPoint to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML. This produces much better HTML files than outputting directly from LibreOffice to an HTML file.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert many Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to HTML automatically as part of their usage.
BuildVu is a Java application which can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on customer cloud or on-premise servers
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability process lots of presentations, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||PowerPoint is a presentation document format which can contain text, images, charts, diagrams etc. Microsoft PowerPoint files use a .ppt, .pptx or .pps filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .odp, .fodp, .odg, .fodg and .sti are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the core language of the internet and is used to design and build web sites. Converting documents to HTML allows the document to be displayed in the web browser, allowing you to view the document on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do the files stay on our servers for?
- Your conversion will be live on our server for up to 1 hour, if you wish to use the file please download and host on your own servers.