Excel is a very common file format for spreadsheet documents. For viewing a spreadsheet document in a SaaS application or browser, HTML5 is a much better choice because the user does not need to use additional software or to leave the application.
The Online Excel to HTML5 converter is a free online service to convert single Excel spreadsheets into HTML5 content. It makes use of LibreOffice (an Open Source office suite which can also be run on a server) to convert Excel to PDF. BuildVu then converts the PDF file to HTML5. This approach generates much better HTML5 files than the direct HTML output from LibreOffice.
BuildVu is designed for customers who want to convert lots of Excel spreadsheets to HTML5 content as part of their workflow.
BuildVu is written in Java but can be run from any Computer language as a simple micro-service. It runs on cloud or physical servers.
BuildVu includes a large number of optimisations not in the free online converter, including the ability to process lots of spreadsheets, simple integration with LibreOffice and much more control over the conversion process.
|Description||Excel is a document format also known as a worksheet or spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel files use a .xls or .xlsx filename extension, however OpenOffice and LibreOffice formats such as .ods, .fods, .sxc and .stc are also supported by the online converter.|
|Description||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a document format used by web browers. HTML can include text, images, links, and interactive content. HTML is widely supported across devices making it ideal for providing consistent desktop and mobile viewing experience.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the online converter free to use?
- Yes, our online converter is free to use.
- Does the online converter include support?
- No, there is no support included with our online converter.
- Is there a limit on the number of files I can convert?
- Yes, we allow you to convert 5 files per day. If you are looking to convert more documents than that please contact our sales team here.
- Is a limit on the file size?
- Yes, there is a 10MB file size limit.
- Can I use my converted file on my website for commercial use?
- Yes please feel free to use it, however, you must not edit the file.
- How long do the files stay on our servers for?
- Your conversion will be live on our server for up to 1 hour, if you wish to use the file please download and host on your own servers.