Running the PDF to HTML5 Converter from Command Line
You can run JPDF2HTML5 directly from command line which is useful for running the converter from another language or script. This guide is aimed at developers with knowledge of Java. If you do not know Java, we recommend using the online converter.
- You must download jpdf2html.jar
- Please ensure that Java is installed
- Run from the same location as the jar or provide an absolute path
You may want provide more memory by increasing the Xmx value.
IDRViewer or No Viewer?
The default mode is the IDRViewer. To generate pure page content you must set -Dorg.jpedal.pdf2html.viewMode=content
How are the settings controlled?
When running from command line, settings are controlled by passing in system properties. Available settings and their values can be found in the Javadocs. The key classes are:
- HTMLConversionOptions (General HTML Settings)
- IDRViewerOptions (Settings available for the IDRViewer mode)
- ContentOptions (Settings available for the Content mode)
We now have our own functionality to decrypt encrypted pdfs but if you wanted to specify a certain Provider then you can still do so using -Dorg.jpedal.securityprovider. Remember to add the security provider to the classpath if needed e.g.