All the useful methods are documented. Some methods are required for use internally – for example PdfDecoder methods needed by Viewer modules – and are not documented. They are included for completeness. If in doubt, please contact us for help.
PDF Technical documents
- A detailed list of all PDF features implemented is available online on the main site products page.
- An explanation on how PDF exceptions may happen and how to deal with them.
- JVM options available on startup to customise library and examples.
- How do fonts work explains how JPedal can use Java and external fonts to handle non-embedded fonts.
- Additional jars lists additional libraries which you may need to add to the classpath.
- Linearization support explains support for Linearized PDF files in JPedal.
Most customers have been asking for
- a low-level PDF object (PdfDecoder) which can be used to interact with PDF files (PDF printing, PDF to image conversion, etc). There are lots of ready-written examples showing how to do this which are documented, full of hints and tips and easily modified.
- a powerful, configurable PDF Viewer (Viewer/MultiViewer). We recommend this highly configurable PDF Viewer which can be totally customised and controlled from your own code.
If you wish to build something from scratch, the recommended methods for accessing JPedal are the public methods for PdfDecoder, the public methods it inherits, and PdfData. Please contact us if you wish to use other methods.
We reserve the right to alter PDF API public methods but will document any changes and only alter when strictly necessary.