JPedal includes a large number of example PDF applications written in Java for you to use and customise. Each one is described below along with a link to code and any related items.
PDF to image conversion
- ConvertPagesToImages - fully automated program to rasterize PDF pages as images and optionally scale.
- ConvertPagesToHiResImages - extract PDF pages at the best possible quality. If the images are larger than the page, it scales up the page rather than scaling down the image.
- PDF to image conversion very simple example in our Java code FAQ - just the minimum code needed for PDF to image conversion
PDF Viewers (not server version)
- Viewer is a very comprehensive java PDF viewer which is totally configurable.
- MultiViewer adds the ability to open multiple PDF files in separate panes to the Viewer.
- JPanelDemo is a very simple java PDF viewer with minimal functionality. But we would recommend you look at the full viewer as it is totally configurable and does everything for you.
PDF Printing (not server version)
- SilentPrinting provides an example on how to print PDF files automatically from Java.
- Clipped Image extraction - fully automated extraction of PDF page images as tif, png or jpeg with ability to define output dimensions and image quality. Created to help a large catalogue company put images online.
- ExtractFormDataAsObject extracts raw PDF form data from a PDF file.
- ExtractImages extracts and saves images from a PDF file. Extracts the raw images so also consider Clipped Image extraction.
- ExtractStructuredContent extracts any Structured content (text with additional metatags to preserve structure).
- ExtractTextInRectangle extracts text in any rectangular area.
- ExtractTextInRectangleAsTable extracts text in any rectangular area of a PDF page and attempt to add tabular structure.
- ExtractTextAsWordlist will generate a list of words on the PDF page with co-ordinates.
- ExtractOutline will extract the outline tree from a PDF file if present.
PDF text Search
- FindTextInRectangle will find locations of word on the PDF page.